22 May 2018 | Admin | 0 Comments
Prices hit all-time high but number of sales agreed down 5% on 2017
- New-to-the-market sellers push their asking prices up by another 0.8% (+£2,343) to a record high of £308,075
- Seven out of 11 regions achieve their highest ever asking prices, with year-on-year price increases of over 4% in East Midlands, West Midlands and Wales
- Record visits to Rightmove indicate strong interest in property, but uncertainty and stretched affordability have dented sentiment leading to more hesitant buyers and sellers in some areas:
- Number of sales agreed by estate agents so far in 2018 is down 5.4% on the same period in 2017
- London and commuter belt down most, with the number of year-to-date sales agreed versus 2017 down 8.5% in the South East, 7.8% in the East of England, and 6.9% in Greater London
You can see the full index here.
It's a great time of year to start marketing a property, and our lovely searchers at I Am The Agent are waiting for more pads to whet their appetite. So get online and add your property for rent or sale today!
Courtesy of Rightmove Group.