17 March 2020 | Admin | 0 Comments
To our I Am The Agent Family
The Coronavirus has created turbulent times around the globe. I hope this blog/email finds you, and your loved ones well.
We’ve been thinking a lot about you all lately – our customers, our employees and our greater communities. We believe it’s critical to do our part to help reduce the transmission of COVID-19.
You'll be aware that the UK Government is taking steps which could help property owners and searchers, including reducing the Base Rate, making borrowing cheaper and promising to refund sick pay costs for employees off work due to the illness. We hope these moves, combined with the strong post-Brexit start the market has enjoyed this year, will mean the virus will only have a short-term impact on the property industry.
Here are some of the steps we are taking to protect everyone in this ever-evolving situation:
- Our customer service team are available to answer any questions you may have on marketing your property and can make recommendations on alternatives to face-to-face viewings. We have created a blog on how best to conduct viewings and with more information and ideas on the precautions you should take to protect your health and safety.
- Those searching for property and in need of a property will still be looking, seller will still want a sale and landlords will not want void rental periods, so we suggest to keep marketing your properties and listing your pads from home as people are still looking online, even more so when at home. Just ensure you take precautions on the face-to-face viewings. Here is our advice on viewings.
- Unlike traditional estate & hybrid agencies with I Am The Agent you can start your property marketing online and manage it from the safety of your home.
- Our advanced and proven technology is available 24/7 through your control panels to manage all your property needs.
- If you would like to renew your mortgage or looking to buy a new property, now the mortgage interest rate has hit an all-time low, our partners at L&C offer a fully online service allowing for a 'mortgage in principle' to be offered in the comfort of your own home. Here is a link for this.
- Our services and property enquiry line as ever will be available 24/7 and the automated technology allows for no disturbance during this time.
- We are working tirelessly to make sure our services are running as efficiently as possible.
- We are diligently following guidance and best practices from the NHS and UK Foreign & Commonwealth Office, amongst others, we highly recommend our users do the same.
We are equally committed to taking care of our employees:
- We are providing resources to help employees modify how they work, including flexible schedules and remote work access for all staff.
- We have created chat forums to help employees stay connected and keep up to date with information to help them stay happy and healthy.
While the environment around us has become uncertain, we take comfort in the fact that we have a great team and a compassionate and loyal community of customers to keep things all on track.
We stand ready to support you and hope that our websites, blogs, emails and social channels can be a source of support, inspiration and solutions for you – because sometimes we all need a break from the latest news.
Our priority is, and will always be, the wellbeing of our team and customers, along with providing an excellent service driven by tech.
Please stay safe and be kind.
Thank you for being a part of the I Am The Agent Family.
The Leadership Team.