House Price Index – Country, region and city summary
Note: The Zoopla house price index is repeat sales-based price index using sold prices, mortgage valuations and data for agreed sales.
The index uses more input data than any other and is designed to accurately track the change in pricing for UK housing.
• Buyer demand hits new highs but set to moderate as lockdowns ease across the country
• The value of new homes sold in the first 15 weeks of 2021 was double that in the same period in 2019
• High sales volumes are eroding the supply of homes for sale, with stock levels down nearly 30% in April this year compared to the same period in 2017-2019
• The demand/supply imbalance is increasingly focused on family houses
• Annual house price moderates to +4.0% in March, with the strongest price growth in Wales (5.9%) and Yorkshire and The Humber (+5.3%)
Back To Blog